Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Welcome!

Okay, so one of my very ambitious goals for the next year is to start a book review blog.  I'll be reviewing a book a month for the next year. This may not sound terribly ambitious to you, but when you're in grad school, planning on having any free time at all seems ambitious.

I'm going to be focusing on contemporary literature (anything written in the last 10 years) as I think anything older than that has been vetted already, and probably doesn't need nor desire my opinion.

I'll be posting my reviews on the last day of every month. If anyone has a book in mind that they'd like me to review, do let me know! This month I'll be reviewing The Marriage Plot, by Jeffery Eugenides.

As a premiere bonus, I've decided to write a review of the Kindle I received for Christmas, which is posted above. What makes this Kindle review different from any other Kindle review? It's written by a self-professed luddite who loves books. There are very many Kindle reviews written by people who will compare and contrast all of the different e-readers out there for you. This is not that. It's written for those of us who are hesitant to give into the cold unfamiliarity of technology, leaving our precious books behind (but for those of you who will read this and actually do know something about technology - or at least different Kindle models - I have the Kindle Touch 3G).

No comments:

Post a Comment